There are different classes that the trucks are put in due to engine size, weight of truck and modifications. So that put my "burb" into the Heavy Gas stock class. That means that I got to go up against Alijah. Now, his truck has a few modifications that mine of course doesn't, and I knew that I had no chance to beat him, but I was just hoping that I could do well enough to not get laughed at. But Lige made me feel better since he said "your a girl, that means everybody will cheer for you no matter what." This isn't a very common sport for girls I guess. The announcer introduced me and called my truck the "Mormon Assault Vehicle" that's "full of car seats." I thought that was pretty funny. So, I backed in and they got me hooked up to the "sled" (this is what you pull, its set up to gradually cause more drag as its pulled. So the more power you have and the faster you go, the further you go.) and when the go flag waved I gave it all the truck had.
Now this isn't just about giving it the gas. It's about timing and knowing what gear to be in and such. I was shocked when I was told what place I had taken after I had left the arena to park my truck and come back. Here's a short video of my family and friends that pulled.
When I was red flagged to stop, the flag guy said, "Holy Explicative Explicative Explicative-
I didn't think you'd get this far!"(most truck people tend to have trucker mouths) It was fun to pick up my trophy with Alijah and have them announce that we were brother and sister. And that big brother was beating up on little sister. It was great to have so much family participating - with Lige and Alex pulling and Mas driving the tractor to smooth out the track. I just think I might continue on with this sport.
2 comments:
Nice job Autum!
I don't know how but I missed this post a few weeks ago...That's awesome!! Good job.
Post a Comment