First off, we put our home up for sale in November of 2009. After many torturous months of preparing for house showings, we finally got an offer on April Fools Day. It took me a minute to believe it when our realtor brought us the papers to sign! That led to finalizing an offer that we had made earlier on a house across town. Luckily, we were able to close on both homes at the same time. And we had to be moved out of our house by April 30th. Our new purchase needed lots of TLC. So it was weeks of cleaning, fixing and painting. We camped out in our trailer for a few days while making this house livable. Our new home is on an .60 acre lot and was the main reason as to why we bought the house. You can't get a big lot size in the middle of American Fork anymore unless you buy an existing house with it. I love the big yard and it will be nice to have if we ever need to build on to the house later. The house still needs more things done. Seriously, it's the longest home improvement list known to man. But, we have the rest of our lives to work on it. Cuz, I'm never going to move on purpose again!
Second, just before we sold our home I found out I was pregnant with baby #5! Moving and fixing up a house while pregnant is not the best idea in the world. And I'm not gonna lie to ya and say that I've felt great. But, it'll be worth it in the end, and we are glad that we will have more room in the new house for the little one that is due on December 8th. Ultrasound is in a couple weeks and I'll update on it then.
So, that's been my main reason for being such a slacker in the blogging world. But, if I ever get the house all organized and the boxes all unpacked, I'm sure I'll do much better.
7 comments:
Congrats on the new baby and new house. I want a nice big lot like that someday! Nice job on the truck pull, too!
I know what you're going through - we're in the middle of moving, too. Yuck! Of course I only have one baby and none in my stomach, so I won't complain too much. Congratulations!
#5..... #5..... Good LUCK!!! Congrats on the house :)
Wow this house is going to look amazing by the time you guys are all done with it:) My brother and his wife are doing the same thing and she's due on the 4th of July! You are both stronger women than me:) Good luck with everything!
Wow congrats! on Both the house and the baby! Are you guys coming down for the 4th of July? Hope to see you then or at the Jensen Family Reunion!
WOW!!! Congrats on #5 and getting a new house!
Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!!!
Post a Comment