

Today was another violin lesson day. It's been a little over a year since I got Averee a 1/16th size violin for her 4th birthday. She has just turned 5 and has almost mastered the first song of book #1. -Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I don't remember much about when I started playing the violin. I do know that I was also 4 years old, and that my mom wasn't my teacher. It has been very rewarding to teach her. After the first lesson I thought to myself "she isn't getting any of this." But I was shocked to see that the next day as I helped her practice that she remembered most of it. Now, Hyrum is still a bit small, but loves to screech the violin and pretends that he is having a lesson, and in a way he is. He knows the names of the strings and how to hold the violin so I guess I'll have to teach him when he grows into the violin if he still has an interest.
5 comments:
How fun that you can teach your kids that. You make the rest of us look bad. ( ; Your kids are so cute!
That is great that you have the patience to teach your kids. I hope I can figure out something fun I can teach them other then going potty and learning how to read :)
Ahhh...they looks so cute holding those small violins. I also would like lessons. Sign me up. This post reminds me of the time we went to the nursing home in Lehi around Christmas when we were in student council. Remember? You played the violin and it was lovely.
Hey Autum, it's Shari Durrant. I found your blog and was so excited! How are you doing?
We are really leaning toward naming her Elliot (spelling may change a little once we decide to get serious about figuring that out). There are a few other names we like a little but just not as much. I do want a couple names though so we can fully decide after we see her but we are pretty sure.
Post a Comment