Friday, July 11, 2008

A big depressing surprise this morning.

Early this morning, Joseph came and woke me up and told me that his truck was broken into and his laptop computer was taken. He had to take my truck to work and had me call the police and report it.  It appears that they tried to pry open the back slider window but because it's an electric button slider and wouldn't budge the window shattered.  I'm sure they quickly grabbed his laptop off the back seat and ran.  It just makes me sick to think that we were sleeping so close and not knowing what was happening.  I have never felt so violated. 
I went out and locked the truck around 11 pm last night.  Should have left it unlocked then we wouldn't have been forking out $550 for a new window. Lots of photos from our recent trip to Fishlake were on it and it had an external hard drive and the GPS that I got Joe for his birthday with it. Totaling around $3500 and I can't put a price on the family pictures lost. The police came quickly, apparently many others in the area were hit last night too.  Some in their homes.  This loser (or should I say losers?) is lucky that he didn't come into my house or he would have been hit by a .357 bullet 5 times from my gun(all it holds) and 8 times from Joe's gun(all it holds) and would be dead.  



I spent all day, closing credit cards and changing bank account numbers and talking to insurance companies due to this.  Let me give you some words of advice.  
NEVER LEAVE SOMETHING OF VALUE OR SOMETHING THAT EVEN MIGHT APPEAR TO BE OF VALUE IN YOUR VEHICLE.  EVEN A SIMPLE DIAPER BAG MAY GIVE SOMEONE MOTIVATION TO BREAK IN AND TAKE IT.  
P.S. If some punk on the street tries to sell you a 17 in. Macbook Pro Apple computer, IT'S JOES!

8 comments:

Schofield's said...

That is horrible!!! I know what you mean about being violated. When we lived in Vegas our car was stolen and it was not a fun experience. I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you can get everything sorted out. On a better note, it was really good to see you last week. We definitely need to do it again.

Shari and Trent said...

That sucks so bad! I am sorry, I can't believe some people.

J Fo said...

What a horrible thing! I'm so sorry for the hassle you've had to go through.

Josh said...

Some people are so rude! I hope they catch the person and you get your stolen items back. And to think, you don't even live on the bad side of town like I do!

The Damron's said...

That sucks, I'm so sorry. I got a few pics of all the kids riding in the wagon, they arent great, but if you want them let me know and I can e-mail them to you. It was a blast seeing you all on the 4th hope to see you again soon, and good luck with everything

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

That is no good! I hope they find the punks and you get your stuff back.

Hiatts said...

Wow, you can't trust anywhere to be safe anymore huh. Sorry that is so horrible hope they catch those theives

Jenn Jenn's said...

You know what I love! that fact that you just come right out and say you would blow him to smitherines if came in the house... hahha that sucks thought mel told me about it.. sucks! Sorry