Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lake Powell Trip 2008


So just 2 days after getting back from Bear River, we were headed to Lake Powell. We camp on a beach called Lone Rock, just a few minutes from Glen Canyon Dam and Page, Az. The lake was much higher this year. It was very hot and it was a bit discouraging to see my feet and ankles get puffier and bigger each day, but it was still so much fun to play with the kids in the water and watch the others do the high action water sports. (Although it was mighty tempting to show them a thing or two on the wakeboard, I decided to save that all for next summer.) I was quite surprised to see how brave Averee was. She was jumping off cliffs and had no fear at all of the water. We spent a whole week there and made it home one day before my little brother Alex's wedding which was on last Thursday the 7th.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

You guys have too much fun! You will need a vacation from all of your vacationing! Glad it has been good for you!

Josh said...

You have been busy! And I wouldn't count on showing anyone a thing or to next summer, becuase you'll probably already be carrying baby #5!

Shari and Trent said...

Your family always does the funnest things. Ya, I know I should have saved the ear wax huh? There was probably enough to make a candle. LOL

Jenn Jenn's said...

I was bummed I missed this year! I miss lake powell! Autum.... I need to come around more... Clara hardley even knows her "aunt Jennie" haha :D