Averee goes to Shelley Elementary which is only a block away from us. At back to school night we walked there and I showed her how to get to her classroom. Then the big morning arrives. I throw the other kids in the stroller and walk her to school and she says on the way, "you know mom, you don't have to walk me, I know the way." It made me so proud to see how independent she was. Especially when I witnessed several kids in her class holding on with all their might as their mom tries to pry them off her leg. Glad I didn't have to deal with that!
Since then she's walked to school with a group of kids, and walks home alone when she gets out. (the other kids are older and get out later)
Also, I don't know if you can tell in this picture very good, but she has a black eye thats just starting to fade. She hit it on a table at my brothers wedding before school started and at back to school night the teacher asked her how it happened. She told her she ran into a table. Which is the truth but sounds pretty lame. Well, at this very moment she has another black eye. Same place and everything. She bonked heads with her cousin on the trampoline over the weekend. I really hope her teacher doesn't suspect anything....."uh, yeah, I usually try to hit her in places that are hidden, but man she just got me so angry those two times that I didn't think....."
3 comments:
Oh, good ol' Shelley Elementary! I heard that they are not the gators anymore. I was a proud Shelley Gator! That's pretty funny about the black eyes!
That is funny. What kind of Mom are you? ;)
My oldest has to be @ school at 8 as well. We made her bed time 7. I know we are terrible parents!
lol that cracks me up! We all know you beat the kids... no need to cover it from us. However you should be very proud, she is one of the most independent, well behaved kid I know. If my kids turn out as half as good as yours, I'm gonna call myself succesful! :D
Post a Comment