Friday, November 14, 2008

Emmett's Blessing Day Nov. 2nd 2008


So this day turned out to be a little hectic. The morning of the blessing day Clara decides that she needs to throw up. So we are trying to figure out how we are gonna do this. We can't cancel cause we have family coming, some a long distance, and we had already planned a family luncheon after. Neither me nor Joe can stay home with her cause he of course is doing the blessing, and it'd be just wrong for me not to be there. So we decide to dress her for church and pray that she doesn't throw up during the meeting. My sweet sister Angel and her husband Jason were willing to leave the meeting early and take her home. So they left with her as soon as the blessing was done. And my prayer that she wouldn't throw up at church was answered.
It was a wonderful blessing and it was so great to see so many take part in the blessing. I'm sure that the ward thought we'd had cousins and friends help in the blessing, but it adds up to a big circle when you put together 2 dads, 2 grandpas, and 9 brothers. It was great to have all of our family there!
So we did our best to quarantine Clara upstairs while we had the luncheon. That went great. And it was nice of Mom and Dad Adams to let us have like 75 people over to eat at their house. But, after the luncheon my nephew Bridger threw up and then Clara threw up again right after. So we got that cleaned up and left for home. Not sure if Mom and Dad Adams want us to have a party there anymore, the throw up thing might have crossed the line a bit.
So we get home and are glad to have our long day over and done with. That was until Averee spilled a bag of popcorn down the stairs. I got the vacuum and started step by step down the stairs and I step down the last step to the bottom and the carpet goes "SPLASH." Our basement had flooded due to the huge rain storm that went on all day. We finally figured out that one of the window wells had filled up and leaked into the storage room and went through the wall into the carpet. So we had to move our bookshelf which meant piling books and junk all over to basement so that we could move it. Between the throwing up in the morning and the soaking up water out of the carpet, we didn't have a single towel left clean in the house. Joe had to leave out of town early the next morning for the whole week and that left me to deal with cleaning up the mess in the basement and cleaning up more puke from Clara who didn't want to get over her illness for a couple days. It was a long day and a long week for me. 
And, not to mention, most of my family after a couple days had their families get sick and I completely apologize! I did the best that I could considering the circumstances! I'M SO SORRY!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

The beauty of having big families and lots of cousins is one gets sick, eventually they all do! His little tux is so cute!

FishinFamily said...

Oh that sucks! Atleast you got some fabulous pictures. Emmett looks so cute. I can't believe how much he's changed in a month.
The kids Halloween pictures are way cute too. You have such cute kids!!

Schofield's said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. There's nothing worst then throw up and to top it off all the other stuff. Way to go Autum! Hope all is better now. BTW, Emmett looked so cute in his outfit. What a happy boy!

Astle Family said...

Autum it is so good to see you! I am so glad you found my blog. You have such a cute family! I can't believe all that happened on the same day- I'm glad you made it through it! You've got such cute kids! I'm so excited to be able to stay in touch!

Tiffany said...

Hey girl - I am so glad that you made it through!! Sometimes life is tough and it almost sounds easier to stay in bed and not think about all the craziness that surrounds us. Your a champ!!!! Your family is adorable. It is so fun to be able to see how you are doing. Take care, Tiff