Saturday, March 21, 2009

Brotherly Love

The other night I told the kids to get all ready for bed then they could watch a movie until they fell asleep.  I had Emmett already asleep on the couch.  So we are watching the show, when I look to see who has already been caught be the sand man.  This is what I find.




Hyrum had snuggled right up to Emmett.  How cute is that! Hyrum really does love his little brother. He's always taking care of Emmett.  Giving him a toy, playing "Boo" with him and giving him his bottle when he needs it.  Hyrum tells me over and over the things that he's going to teach Emmett. How to run fast. How to ride a "Honda Motorcycle." How to hunt deer. How to swim. How to dig for dinosaur bones. How to punch.  These are all so cute, but the one that got me thinking was "How to be strong." I know that Hyrum was just referring to the "muscles" kind of strong.  But I found myself thinking of other kinds of "strongs" that I hope he can teach him. Having strong family ties. Being strong enough to stand for what's right. Having a strong testimony of the gospel. Being strong enough to resist temptation. Being strong enough to turn to the Lord for help.  And one day, when his "strongs" evolve, I think he'll do just that.

In the future, when these boys are teenagers and are beating on each other over something stupid, I'm gonna pull out this picture and show them just how much brotherly love they have in them.

3 comments:

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

That is way cute!!

Megan said...

how stinkin cute i love it! what a great post.

Sally Young said...

That is so cute! I have a few on those with Nic and Taylor. I should try it and pull them out next time they get into it.