On this Thanksgiving Day, I want to count my blessings and state all that I am thankful for.
I am thankful for my wonderful husband. I wouldn't be anything without him. He has given me so much and has made me a better person. He is such an honest, hardworking, lovable, person and I love him so much.
I am thankful for my children. Averee, Hyrum, Clara and Emmett are such a joy to have. I can't imagine not seeing their sweet, sometimes sticky and messy, but none the less sweet faces every day. They are constant reminders of how much the Lord loves me.
I am thankful to live so close to both mine and Joe's side of the family. To have our parents and all of our siblings living only minutes away is such a wonderful blessing. To see them often, and for my children to have best friends in their cousins is great.
I am thankful for my parents. For their love and support. For their constant guidance and loving advice. For their examples of hard work, and for their testimony of the gospel. My parents gave me the best thing I could ever have. A family that is eternally held together by connections that were created with love, loyalty, open communication, traditions and faith.
I am thankful for Joseph's parents. For how they raised Joe to be the man that he is. They are such honest, hard working, caring, people. I am grateful to have in-laws that I love to be around, and spend time with. I love that they have accepted me for who I am, and show me constant love.
I am thankful for my brothers and sisters. For each one who has individually made an impact in my life. For their examples, and for always being there for me, no matter the reason or the time. I have never had a moment of loneliness in my life, because I have always had a brother or sister there with me. I am thankful for the love they and their families have always shown me.
I am thankful for Joe's brother and sisters. For their willingness to have me be a part of their family. For their love, and their fun personalities. For the time I get to spend with them and their families. I really couldn't ask for better in-laws.
I am thankful for my Grandparents and Joe's Grandparents. For raising such wonderful people that would become our parents. For all the traditions, traits, stories and faith that they have passed down through generations. For all the wise counsel, and loving advice that they freely share. I'm thankful for their love.
I am thankful for my friends. For those great times I have shared with them. For always offering helping hands. And for lifting my spirits with their happy attitudes and smiling faces.
I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and for my Redeemer Jesus Christ. For the promise of eternal families. For the atonement. I am thankful for the prophet Joseph Smith and the restoration of the gospel and for my ancestors who helped build this church long ago. I am thankful for being raised in the church, and in this place with so many LDS people, giving me the ability to rely on the faith of family and friends when my own was weak.
I am thankful to be able to give thanks for this life that I have been given.
-Autum Lucille Adams
No comments:
Post a Comment