This is the first song that I wrote with lyrics. A couple years ago I decided to challenge myself and see if I was any good with words. At the time, I was serving as secretary in the YW's and we had just gotten the new theme for the year, 2010. It was Joshua 1:9 - Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed, for the Lord is with thee withersoever thou goest. I was sitting at the piano and happened to glance at the cute little hand-out that with the theme on it. So, this is where the inspiration came from. After many tune changes, this is how it turned out. I recorded the piano part on my phone then loading into garageband on the computer. Then recording myself singing the lead, then backup tracks. The rest of the instruments I wrote in garageband. There's still some timing and editing that could use some fine tuning, but overall, I'm happy with the outcome. It'd be fun one day to record it in a professional studio, and maybe find a better singer to sing it for me. : ) Hope you find it pleasant enough.
1 comment:
Nice job Autum! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment