Friday, June 13, 2008

Autum's Latest Injury

So, there I am minding my own business, out back painting the garage.  Pressed for time but wanting to get as much done as possible, I think to myself I'll just refill the paint one more time before I get cleaned up.  So I refill the paint, move the 4 foot riser to the next section and climb on up.  That's when the riser decided to flip.  One of the legs sunk into the soft dirt and down I went.  I did what anybody else does in that situation - I quickly checked to see if any of my neighbors had witnessed my ungracefulness. Then, satisfied that only my 2 year old daughter had seen me, I decided to check out the damage.  My legs were covered in paint and there were lots of paint splatters on the ground and fence, but I decided all was okay.  After cleaning the dirt and leaves out of the brush and roller, I refilled the paint and got up again.  This time checking for sturdy ground before ascending the riser.  It wasn't till I got up there and had been painting for awhile, when the adrenaline wore off and I realized that there was a bit of damage.   Here's a photo of the back of my knee after I washed the paint off my leg. (Which was pretty painful.) I haven't had a good bruise like this in a long time.  And my calf on this leg is twice as big as the other one.  I have a hard time bending my leg now and was disappointed to have to miss playing basketball this morning. But it sure is fun to look at!

Maybe this is a sign that pregnant people shouldn't be painting the garage and that their husbands should be the one to finish the last little bit........... J/K  Joe.

7 comments:

Shari and Trent said...

That is a HUGE bruise! I can't believe it. I agree tell Joe to paint the garage next time and not have his pregnant wife do it! j/k

Keri and Derek said...

Oh man thats crazy...hope that gets better soon. I would love to get together anytime!! Do you think you will go to Melissa's baby shower? We could go together if your interested.
And where do you play basketball? I'm jealous.

Josh said...

why does nothing in this story surprise me?

Schofield's said...

OUCH! I bet your proud of this one. :) Hope it doesn't hurt too much.

J Fo said...

Just like you to pull out a camera to cature an AWESOME bruise! I think that pregnancy should = no latters!

Keri and Derek said...

That sounds fun! I haven't seen you or Melissa forever. I will plan on picking you up if that's okay. I need to find your number and I will give you a call Friday. I'm excited!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Wow, that is quite a bruise! I loved the story. You painted quite a picture.