Thursday, June 5, 2008

Memorial Day Green River Trip

On Saturday, Joe and his buddies went on a long hard motorcycle ride. Since I'm expecting I couldn't go with him. So, I decided to take the rest of the family on a ride in a wash that we call "The Waterfall."  It's fairly extreme for some people, but my family prefers to ride challengingly.  So it's pretty much a family ride for us.  We piled all the little kids onto our four-wheelers and headed out.  We had to drop down into a big wash and then we follow the wash up till it hits a small waterfall  that's about 4 feet tall.  End of the ride?  Not at all.  We just ride the 4 wheelers straight up it. This is the first time that I've ridden a 4-wheeler up the waterfall and it was easy.  Usually I take my motorcycle up it.  And this waterfall plays mind games with me when I'm on my bike.  I've ridden up it 7 times on my bike and I've crashed on it 3 out of the 7 times.  It's hard cause if you do it slow your bike gets stuck and dies and you roll backward.  So knowing that-  I sometimes give it too much and I wheelie over at the top. So I'm determined to continue to fight those mind games and beat that dang waterfall once and for all. Anyway, It ends at a enclosed circle of the red rocks that has a big puddle in it. Here's a group photo of who was on the ride.
Uncle Amasas decided that Hyrum needed to be buried in the sand.
Joe with Averee on the motorcycle
The big puddle at the end of the Waterfall Ride.

No comments: