Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Astros Tee-Ball

Averee and Hyrum started playing tee-ball last month. They are having so much fun, and their coach is totally the coolest coach ever. She has so much skill and knowledge about this sport and has so much patience with the kids. The kids all just love her! (really now, I'm starting to blush, I'm not that great, enough of the compliments please, well, maybe just a bit more) She's just cut out for this job, not to mention good looking! (ok, that will do, I'm really embarrassed now.)

If you haven't caught on by now, the coach is me. That's right! I was suckered into coaching the team. I signed up Hyrum thinking it wouldn't be a big deal if he was a couple weeks past the age cutoff. The rec just wants your money right? Well, the rec called and said he was too young and couldn't play unless I agreed to coach. So, as not to let Hyrum down, I reluctantly agreed. I'm a busy person,(who doesn't claim that?) with lots of things to do and kids to take care of, but I guess I'll find the time.

All in all it has been fine. There's only 8 on the team and they are all in my ward. It's been fun to teach them and see them improve over the last few weeks. They make me laugh, and I've grown to love all of them. I've had a couple of them just out of the blue say "Coach, I love you." Their complete trust in me is astounding. And I find it weird that I'm important to them. Probably not forever, but for at least 3 more weeks I'm important to them. So, I'm going to keep doing my best to show them how important they are to me.

My assistant coach, Ted, is great with the kids. He just got put into the bishopric and his wife just had a baby, and he still makes it to practices and games. The kids love him and he has wonderful patience and a knack for teaching small children. He is great to work with.

I'm sure more updates on the Astros will be coming!











GO ASTROS!

No comments: