On Saturday I finished building a treehouse for the kids. I started it the day before I had my foot surgery and had to wait until my feet were feeling good enough to finish it. Let me tell ya, its a hard thing to do with a one man/woman show! Hyrum has been begging for Joe to build him one for about 2 years. Joe said he would when he has the time. But whenever does he have time? Never. So Hyrum says the night before I started working on it. "Dad is never gonna build a treehouse for me." And that got me thinking - "why does it have to be a dad that builds it?" So the next day I got working on it. It took forever to get the floorboards down since the limbs were very uneven. So I had to build supports for the one side so that the floor would be level. And sometimes dangling off a ladder and balancing on a branch to put the floor down was a bit dangerous. But I managed to do it without any accidents other than smashing my fingers with the hammer about a million times and pinching them between boards and such. And it sure was irritating when I dropped something and then had to climb down to get it. So that day I got the floor done. Then after I couldn't stand sitting on my butt anymore, I decided that I felt good enough to work on it again. So I got the railings up, and the chain ladder and told Hyrum that when he's bigger he can build walls and a roof himself. After all, building on to the treehouse is what's most fun for kids. Averee and Hyrum are just so excited to paint it. I'll be taking them to pick out some paint soon and we'll see how it turns out then!
8 comments:
That's awesome!! I love it. Good work. Your pretty amazing. ( :
Holy crap Lady! That's some impressive building skills! You never cease to amaze me.
Wow, my kids would kill for something like that. if only I had a tree big enough to do that in, but really probably wouldn't even happen if we did. you are awesome!
I am way impressed, if I would have done that it probably would have tumbled to the ground!
WOW..you've got some serious skills. I know better than to attempt a feat like that, because I have no building skills.
You're such a great mom.
Nice job!! That looks like a ton of fun.
Autum you are the best! I would never thought to do it myself, Well I wouldn't have thought I could do it myself. It looks great and I'm sure your kids are having a blast with it.
You are one handy woman!
Post a Comment