So, it's been going pretty well. My kids have been pretty easy to care for during this healing time and Joe has been great too. The minute he comes home from work he is taking care of everything and making me put my feet up and rest. He has even been doing the dishes for me! So we had to get a picture of it to prove that he has done the dishes at least once since we've been married. I could get used to this, but I'm sure he couldn't. Actually, in this picture I bet he's thinking - "She better not get too used to this."
Even with my feet, we have still been able to get out a bit.
Yesterday I went to my post-op checkup. The doctor was amazed at how well I was walking. He removed the bandages. (I was glad for this since it seemed like I was walking around with basketballs strapped to the bottom of my feet.) Then promoted me to normal athletic shoes! Yippie! I thought I would have to wear the post-op shoes for another week.
Here are my cute little beat up feet. Swollen and sore but doing really well. The doctor said there will be no scarring after they heal. (not that I was concerned about how the bottom of my feet would look) I just want them to stop hurting!


Above is my left foot. I counted 92 holes.
Below is my right foot with 75 holes.
The left foot has more holes since it had more problems to fix.
6 comments:
Ouch! It does look sore. Feet are no fun to have hurting. Good luck with the rest.
So I watched the video clip and seriously, my feet hurt just watching. Hope they feel better soon!
I am glad to know you are doing well after the surgery. You are amazing even trying to handle 4 kids after foot surgery.
I'm glad you are doing so well and you don't have to wear the stylish shoes anymore.
Holy Moly! That is a lot of holes girl! You look really good, too. Glad you are to regular tennies now, although I have to say that those post-surgery shoes were quite sexy. I'm thinking you are starting a fashion trend here.
What a great husband to step up when needed. Good luck with the recovery and take it easy and let them heal, I know how you are.
Post a Comment