My feet, specifically, my heels, have been hurting since I was pregnant with Averee. So for 6 years I have had foot pain that I've been trying to fix. Sometimes it would start to feel better, but then it would come back. I knew what I had. Plantar Fasciitis. This occurs when the tissue that runs from the bottom of your heel to your toes becomes inflamed due to overuse and gets worse when it is continually pulled by use.

My mom has had this for a very long time, so I knew I was headed down the same road of constant pain, and treatments that give little or no help. Ice, Advil, stretching, steroid shots in the heel. When I tore the plantar fascia in that softball game that was the final straw to get help. I went to the foot doctor thinking that I would get some shoe inserts or something to help ease the pain.
Here is an ultrasound of my feet. A normal person can't see anything on this of course. But I'll try to explain. The one on the left is actually my right foot. Where it says CALC is where my heel bone is. Above that and a bit to the right is a little squarish box. That's the bottom my plantar fascia. A little bit above that is an arrow. That is where the top of it is. This is measuring the thickness. On that foot it is inflamed to more than 3x the size it should be.
Now, the other one is my left foot. CALC again is the heel bone. Spur is where I have a heel spur because of the inflammation. Then he has marked where I have a tear in the plantar fascia. This foot is inflamed to 3x the size it should be. It has a little less inflammation because in may I had a steroid shot in it to help the pain. It worked to decrease the pain until I tore it.

So instead of the doctor giving me shoe inserts to add padding and support to my feet, he tells me of this new surgery that he does. Here is a video that will show you what the surgery is like. This is not a video for anyone who is squeamish. But I think it's neat.
1 comment:
Oh man, that looks bad. my sister has this so i am going to send this to her.
Post a Comment