Monday, August 24, 2009

Autum Surgery Part 2

So I went ahead and had surgery on Thursday the 20th of August.

This photo is them taking blood from me. They filled the entire syringe. They took that blood and spun it to separate the platelet rich plasma. Then injected the plasma back into my feet. This helps in the healing of the tissue and ligaments.

Then I was put asleep for what was supposed to be a few minutes so I wouldn't feel it when the shots for the local anesthesia were put in my feet and then I was supposed to be awake for the rest of the surgery. But for some reason I never woke up till the surgery was over. When I woke up my feet were supposed to be numb, but they weren't. So good thing I never woke up during the surgery, cause I would have felt it all. Pain blockers never work like they are supposed to on me. Joe said I put on a funny show after I woke up, saying and doing weird and crazy things. But I think he's lying. Okay fine, now that I remember back, I do remember doing crazy things.



And when I woke up the next time the dry erase board by my bed had on it, written in my very sloppy handwriting, "I have 4 kids that I miss a lot." "My name is Autum Adams." That's all I'm saying about that. : ) But because my feet weren't numb like they were supposed to be, they kept me there longer and once every thirty minutes they would ask if I could still feel them. When I said no they'd give me another pill to take. After a couple times of this I figured out that they weren't gonna let me go home until I said my feet felt fine. So I lied and said they didn't hurt any more so that they'd let me go home. I was given some cute medical walking shoes and some lortab to take every 4 hours.
Well, through the evening I started itching all over horribly. And in the night my hands were starting to swell. I was itching so bad that I couldn't sleep and I was bleeding in some spots where I had scratched so hard. At 4am I stopped taking the lortab because I was sure I was allergic to it. And that morning the doctor agreed that I was allergic and gave me a different med that doesn't seem to work as good with the pain, but doesn't make me itch, so thats a good enough trade for me! : )

5 comments:

MakingChanges said...

I'm totally the world's worst VT. Didn't know you were having surgery. SORRY!

FishinFamily said...

Sorry to hear about surgery. Hope you are doing better now. I just watched the video, and feel so sick. HA HA HA...I was peeking through my fingers, I had to keep covering my eyes. That was awful! Hopefully it worked!! Sorry to hear your allergic to lortab too, you never take the easy route do you?!?!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I hope you're feeling better!! Yuck!!

Tiffany said...

You crazy girl! Lying to the Doc about feeling fine :)

J Fo said...

You poor thing. The whole ordeal with the surgery and then being allergic to the lortab?! Sheesh. Hope you're feeling a bit better.