Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Independence Day at Fish Lake

For the week of the 4th of July we always go camping/fishing at Fish Lake. This year consisted of mostly camping since we are terrible fishermen and don't really like trying to do something that we almost always fail at. But this trip is fun because Joe's Grandma and Grandpa Adams come and we get to spend time with them. The kids love their Great Grandparents and love this special trip that includes them.
On the 4th we drove down from Fish Lake to Richfield for the Parade and let the kids get way too much candy thrown at them. I'm not kidding, it is like Halloween amounts of candy! We did some riding on the motorcycles, the last ride consisting of Joe's cousins kid, Carson, zooming off a cliff and crashing which broke his pelvic bone in a few places. (He's new to the motorcycle world and a teenager, that's all that needs to be said about that.)



Here's a picture of Emmett's injury at the time. He slid on his head down our trailer ramp the day before when I was cleaning it out for the trip. He then continued to hit it and crack the scab several times on the trip.

Also right after Emmett hurt himself the day before the trip, I had another little scare. I'll start the night before that. Averee was riding her bike and hit a piece of wood on the neighbors driveway and got out of control and crashed. She hit her face on the handlebars and had a bloody lip and huge bruise on her jaw and cheek from it. So now on to the next day. Averee and Hyrum were playing at their friends house. I'm just calming Emmett down from his accident when Averee's friend, Alyssa, comes running up. "Mrs. Adams! Mrs. Adams! (I know, it's very weird to be called that.) Averee is hurt real bad. Come quick! I start to head to my truck when Alyssa's mom pulls up. She gets Averee out of the truck and explains. Averee had been jumping on the trampoline with a bunch of kids, one being a 10 year old that is big for his age. He popped her and Averee went flying sideways through the safety net door that wasn't done up right and landed on her head. Alyssa's mom ran to her and turned Averee over to find her beat up in the face and unconscious. She yelled to her mother in law to get the phone and call 911 but just then Averee had a little seizure and woke up. So she decided to cancel the 911 and brought her to me. She hadn't known that Averee's injured face was from the night before and was relieved to hear that. But after checking her out one of her pupils was slower at reacting than the other. So we were careful to watch her through the rest of the day and by night it was normal again. We were so grateful that she was okay.

Here is Averee singing an Independence Day Tribute. I know I'm her mother and I might be a little biased, but I know music, and this little girl can sing.




Sorry so wiggly. I was holding Emmett at the same time. : )

1 comment:

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

She is a good singer! I'm glad she was okay when she fell off the tramp!