Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fielding Jensen Adams is here!



Baby #5, Fielding Jensen Adams was born on December 1st, 2010 at 5:29pm. He weighed in at 8 pounds 7 ounces and measured 20 inches long. What a boy!


I went in to induce labor on Wednesday, December 1st at 1:30 pm. They got me started at 2:30pm. I had decided to go unmedicated this time to save money. (and maybe just to say I had done it - Thinking that on the 5th kid it shouldn't take long.) A bit after 5pm, I was ready to go. But then, as soon as the doctor got things set up, we found that the baby had moved back up. This is when they found that my I. V. line had gotten kinked. So we got that fixed and about 10 minutes later the baby was on his way. This is when a normal delivery turned into an emergency. The baby's shoulders got stuck- called shoulder dystocia. If not fixed quickly, the baby loses blood flow to the brain. The doctor started yelling orders and I had 2 nurses literally jump on top of me to help force the baby through. The baby finally was forced through and I now have me a chunk of a newborn baby boy! (a whole pound bigger than my next biggest) I'm so grateful that we made it through without any major injuries. Fielding was beat up a bit- has some broken blood vessels in the eyes and some bruising. But we will take that over the other much worse alternatives. He's healthy and strong and oh so cute!


10 comments:

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations! He is SO cute! I'm glad everything went well.

The Damron's said...

Congrats he is sooo handsome

Ben said...

SO CUTE AND CHUBBY...I LOVE IT! CONGRATS!!!!

Shari and Trent said...

Congrats! Glad everything went well and nothing too scary! I still would have been scared if I were you though! :)

Josh said...

You sure know how to make some cute ones! By the way your deer hunt/drive down the mountain was crazy! I'm glad your family was okay (and your truck and camping trailer).

Jason Enger said...

Congratulations! He's way cute. Glad to hear everything turned out well. The same thing happened to me when I was born and I was purple for about a week. My family still makes fun of me for it.

FrankandAsh said...

What a delivery to choose no meds, your a trooper! He's so cute, can't believe he's so big! Congrats, I hope your guys are all adjusting well:)

Shane & Laina said...

Congrats! Soo glad he's here safely. You're right, he's super cute!!!

Megan said...

so cute! sorry i am so late for the congratulations. glad everything turned out okay. i was considering no medication with collin just to save money as well, but justin thinks that the medication is worth every penny. i think he is more scared for me to go natural than i am for myself;)

Anonymous said...

I love this post. He is darling!