Sunday, May 4, 2008
My little sister's wedding week.
So, my little sister Angel got married on Friday May 2nd. Let me tell you how crazy it was leading up to that day. She's set and ready to do her endowments the previous Tuesday. That monday night she was running a high fever so my older sister takes her to the doctor on Tuesday morning. I then get a call that she's being taken to the hospital to have an her appendix taken out. So, no endowments that night. Her appendix had burst. The doctor said that possibly she could go home Thursday if he thought she was doing well enough. So my mom reschedules the endowment session for Thursday so that she'll have them done before she's supposed to get married Friday morning. So, Thursday morning, Angel calls just sobbing saying that the doctor told her she couldn't go because he thinks she's lying about how she's feeling just so she can get out and get married. (She hadn't been taking any pain medication because she hates how it makes her feel. She said that pain is better than being loopy.(I agree) The doctor kept saying, there is no way she's not in lots of pain. Apparently, its not common for someone to refuse pain medication.) My mom couldn't leave work, so me and my older sister went there and demanded to talk to the doctor. We talked him into letting her go to do her endowments. The terms were that she could leave that afternoon as long as she had no fever or nausea. And that she kept her I.V. in and reported back to the hospital for more I.V. antibiotics right after the temple session. So her fiance' Jason gave her a blessing and her fever immediately broke. We were able to rush her to the temple and were right on time. But by the end she was starting to get feverish again. So we took her back and had to reset new terms with the Doctor. She could sleep at home and get to her wedding in the morning as long as she reported to the hospital before her reception for more I.V. antibiotics. So she got to go to the hospital in her wedding gown and to get worked on. The doctor said she can't leave town. So they had to cancel the honeymoon trip. But the good thing is that she did get married. And now she has a great story to tell for the rest of her life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so crazy, that will be a story to tell for sure. I am glad she got married though!
Congrats to your sister. I cant believe she had to go through all of that along with the stress of getting married. )I am all about the pain meds ;)
Sad! What a hectic wedding. Good thing you're so assertive and was able to strong arm the doctor into getting what you wanted!
Oh, by the way. Was that you that drove past my house on Saturday? Next time you're close drop on by. I'll even let your kids ride our horses if they're with you!
Wow, what a story! I'm glad she was able to make it to everything!
Post a Comment