Monday, February 9, 2009

Still Poor Baby


So, I'm thinking that my family is finally getting over being sick. Hyrum's strep has gone away, Clara isn't coughing anymore, my cold is gone, Joe's is getting better.  Emmett has finished his antibiotics and has been acting normal.  Until........I have Joe take the kids last Wednesday night because I'm hosting Bunko at my house.  All through Bunko he keeps texting me saying that Emmett won't stop screaming and so on.  I'm thinking he's stretching that a bit...you know how husbands like to make the dealing with kids stuff seem like its so hard for them....well, Emmett cried almost non-stop until I gave him some Tylenol.  Got him to the doctor that morning cause I'm thinking his ear infection must not have cleared up all the way.  The doc looks in his ear and says his ear drum has ruptured because of the infection.  I've never had a ear infection, but everybody says they are terrible, but are way worse when the ear drum ruptures on top of that.  So back on some stronger antibiotics for Emmett.  He's acting better now. (This photo was taken after 2 days on the new antibiotic.) If this doesn't work, he just may be getting tubes in his ears.  
Speaking of Ears,  Averee the other night when I'm putting her to bed says "Mom, what's this black and brown stuff on my pillow?"  I grab her pillow and there are several blood spots on it.  I asked her if her ears had been hurting.  She says well this one side has be filling a bit clogged up and sore.  So I grab a Q-tip and check it out.  Sure enough it comes out all gross and bloody.  So I guess she's had a ear infection too?  Or at least lots of congestion that was bugging her so she tried to stick something in there on her own?  Not sure...but she says its feeling better now.  I'm gonna get it checked by the doctor just to make sure.  

2 comments:

J Fo said...

Oh my gosh, that smile is priceless! wow. I have had some VERY painful ear infections in the last few years and I can't imagine how bad it would feel to actually rupture. Poor little guy. I hope the ear problems clear up. It's no fun for anyone, especially the mom.

MakingChanges said...

OMGosh! Seriously, your family is having a go of it. So sorry that Emmett is so sick! Poor Baby is right! I can't believe Avery toughed it out. I had one about a month ago and I was miserable!