Thursday, January 29, 2009

My first Race.

So I've had lots of friends training for marathons and triathlons and such. And most know that I'm not much of a runner unless it involves a ball of sorts. So, I've decided to try a race of my own. And its 55 Miles.  Joe and I have registered for the Rhino Rally Race in St. George.  Its a motorcycle race in the desert.  Only 300 people can sign up. And we will be racing at the same time.  It's a classic start race. Which means that all 300 will start at the same time.  Then we will be timed. The best time in each class will win of course.  I'm racing in the women's sport class.  So I'm not technically racing against Joe.  But its the same course and we are starting at the same time.  So yeah, I'm racing him, and yes he will kill me.  (And not just because his bike is faster and more powerful and that he's raced this one before.) But that's okay, he's got to be better than me at SOMETHING.  Hee, Hee.  The race is on February 28th, so I've got a month to train for it.  That's not near enough time to lose all of my baby weight, but oh well.  I told Joe that I just want to finish it,  that I don't care if I come in last.  He said, "yeah right, your just as competitive as me."  "We are both gonna die."  This makes me really nervous, cause I think he just might be right. Of course we aren't gonna die, that just means that we will push ourselves hard and will wish we were dead by the end of the race.  Joe has raced several desert races and has won lots of them. But the last one he did was before we got married.  Maybe he's nervous too?  Anyway, I'm just as excited as I am nervous.  


  Joe on a Track in the Desert


Autum on a track 
in the Desert

2 comments:

Hiatts said...

Good luck Autum! I think I would literally die if I ever did anything like this! hope you guys are all feeling better!

FishinFamily said...

Sweet! That sounds like something that would leave me in the hospital. I'm excited to see pictures of the day. =)