Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Aaaahhh!

Last night was a rough one. Had a great day and had got the kids to bed early.  I was tired but for some reason had this draw to just sit around on the couch with the baby and just enjoy a quiet moment with him.  I kept thinking I should go to bed and enjoy a little extra sleep but Emmett was just too cute.  So, time goes by and its 10 pm now.  When I hear an awful sound come from Averee and Hyrum's room.  Its one of the most dreaded sounds for a parent. You all know what I mean.  The smell hits me before I even get the door open.  I flip on the light and find Averee still throwing up all over Hyrum's bed. They have a bunk bed and she usually sleeps on the top and Hyrum on the bottom.  But for the last month or so she has been having "sleepovers" in Hyrums bed.  His bed on the bottom is a full size and they sleep side ways instead of head to toe. Clara sometimes joins them. Good thing she didn't last night.  Averee had barely missed the still asleep Hyrum but had managed to hit every toy, pillow, sheet and blanket that was on the bed.  I grabbed Averee and hauled her off to the bathroom and then the nasty work began.  It was in her hair and down her P.J.'s. I put her in the shower and then began stripping the bedding. (Thank heavens for mattress covers by the way.)  I knew that there was no way I could just throw it all in the wash and expect it to get clean.  So I threw it all in the tub and sprayed all the blankets off. Then put it in a basket to take to the washer.  Of course I had a load going already in the dryer and a load waiting to get put in the dryer.  So I had to leave one of those loads wet and put in half the messy blankets.   So then I helped Averee get cleaned up in the shower.  The poor girl had it come out her nose and was complaining that her nose hurt.  She had to do a lot of nose blowing to get that cleaned out good. Then I have to change clothes cause some got on me, clean and sanitize the bathroom and then clean myself up. Then Joe comes home all excited about missing that event.  I sent him to bed with the baby and stayed downstairs with Averee.  She threw up 2 times after that, but I was prepared with the official puke bowl. I watched movies with her until 2:30 am and thats when she finally said she felt good enough to sleep.  I made her a bed on the floor and I slept on the couch that is too soft to really be comfortable and woke up at 7 a.m. when I heard the baby crying upstairs.  I think that was a rough night for Joe cause he's never had to wake up for the baby at night.  But he knows not to complain because my night was way worse than his.
The good news is that Averee says she's fine today.  But I'm still wary, I've been bracing myself all day, waiting for Hyrum or Clara to throw up.

2 comments:

Shane & Laina said...

You're a saint...I hate those days, there's not a worse sickness for moms than throwing up. By the way, I just thought I should comments since I'm kind of a blog stocker. Hi!

J Fo said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! WE had a puker last week and it was aweful. Seriously, I would rather clean up poop all day than deal with throw up. Cross you fingers that the others don't get it!