Friday, January 23, 2009

Poor Baby!


Well, I'm having a never-ending road of sick kids. Clara has had a horrible sounding cough for the last few days with the goopy watery eyes.  And now yesterday afternoon Emmett began to get really fussy.  Cried and cried until he was exhausted.  He wouldn't eat either.  I thought maybe he was gassy or something like that cause I switched his baby formula that day.  So I finally got him asleep and left him with my mother-in-law cause I was taking my other kids to the Draper Temple open house that evening. (which was very beautiful by the way) When I got back that night she said that Emmett had slept the whole time but had a fever and had continued to get hotter and hotter.  So I took him to the Urgent Care Clinic at my doctors office.  I knew what was coming.  Ear Infection.  All of my kids have had such a problem with these. The doctor said it was a really bad one.  And said that it had to have been hurting him for a long time to get that bad.  But he wasn't one bit fussy till that afternoon.  It's been so sad now to see him.  He's always such a happy smiley baby, but last night I sat up and held him as he whimpered all night long.  So, it was another really rough night.  He's doing better tonight now that he's got a few doses of antibiotics in him.  But when the Tylenol wears off you can tell.  I want my happy baby boy back!  And I want no more sick kids!

2 comments:

J Fo said...

That's seriously the saddest face I've ever seen! Poor little guy. :(

Kellie :) said...

I hate it when the kids are sick or when they can't sleep which is our issue right now. I hope Emmett gets feeling better and back to being a happy baby.