Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snowmobiling

Last Saturday Joe and I got the chance to go snowmobiling for the day.  Special Thanks goes out to Jon and Trinna who took on our 4 kids all day!  Our kids are about the same age so it's like having 3 sets of twins, ages 5, 4, and 2 plus one 3 month old baby to care for. I'm sure it wasn't easy for them, and we are grateful.  We owe you guys!
My parents and my older brother Abraham and my 2 cousins Jared and Miles went to Heber up the mountains there to Timber Lakes. It was so much fun.  The snow was great now that a couple storms has packed the base a bit to make the sinking and getting stuck less frequent, but there was still a nice amount of powder snow on top.  It was a beautiful sunny day and that made it less cold.  Snowmobiling is one of the most physical things that I have ever done.  It takes the use of every muscle to ride them.  But I'm getting used to that now.  It was amazing to watch my Dad and brother and cousin Jared ride.  They've done the snowmobiling thing for years and are so good.  Abraham has a awesome tricked out snowmobile that has so much power it's crazy.  He can launch that thing in the air like 20 feet!  Jared is amazing too and keeps up with Abraham although his sled isn't as powerful.  My Dad is fun to watch.  His sled isn't tricked out at all but he has pure talent in this sport.  He can whip that machine anywhere he wants and maneuvers the sled by pure strength and coordination. My mom is good too.  She has just a little sled, but she gets it to go anywhere she wants and I bet she was the only 54 year old lady on the mountain that day.  She'll get mad at me for saying this but I must.  She still has moves for a old lady!  I hope she can take that as a compliment. Love ya mom! :) It was fun to watch Joe roll his snowmobile from the top of the hill almost the bottom!  I counted 15 rolls, and that was when I "started counting." He got to the top of the hill going really fast and hit a bump and that threw him off to the side.  The machine was going sideways on the hill and before he could get to it, it rolled.  It rolled sideways for a while then it was on its ski's sliding and then I thought it was done, but then it rolled end over end a few times before it stopped.  It ended up upside down and it popped the windshield off is all.  Just glad Joe wasn't hurt, and also glad that the machine still runs.  Crashing is just a part of life.  Joe is really getting into this sport and is really good at it, but then he's always had a natural ability to do well with anything that has a motor on it. There are no pictures of Joe cause he was the man behind the camera. 

No comments: