Let me tell you about it.
Slip #1- It's Christmas Eve Eve. We were over at my in-laws late watching a movie. It's time to go, we got a lot to do tomorrow for Christmas Eve. Joe loads up the big kids in the truck and out I come with Baby Emmett in his car seat/carrier. I take one step forward and place my left foot on the middle step of the porch steps. It didn't stay there long. That foot flies out from under me and down I go. My first thought is to save the baby. But how? The best I can do is hold on tight. I put my left hand down to try and break the fall. No good. Smack goes my butt on the edge of the porch. Smack goes the bottom of the baby seat. I managed to keep hold of the carrier so Emmett didn't go rolling down the steps. Check on baby...Still sound asleep. Check on me. Giant black bruise on my butt and a very sore wrist. The irony is that there was a bag of ice-melt salt sitting on the porch. So Joe threw down a bunch of salt after the fact.
Slip#2- Again at my in-laws house. (That place is an iceberg) Walking out to the truck to get something out of it. I go around the garage corner and lose my footing on the ice and go sliding halfway under the truck. My elbows and hands had ice burn that night.
Slip #3- I'm running around to my side of the truck in the Arctic Circle parking lot. It just started snowing like crazy and the snow was sticking to the ground. Didn't notice the patch of ice that the snow had covered up. I make it around the back of the truck and go down hard on my right knee. Of course I get up quickly and get in the truck - Wondering if anyone had saw me. I shut the door as I'm saying "OWIE." That's when my little sister looks at me and says "What happened to you?" That's when I take a look at myself. I'm covered in dirty snow on the right side. I take a look at my knee and discover I'm bleeding and I have a big bruise forming. It hurt extra because I already had a laceration and a bruise just starting to get better from our day of sledding. Now I added an abrasion on top of the laceration and a bruise on top of the old bruise. The good thing is....I don't think anyone saw me fall.
3 comments:
That's the Autum I know, full of battle wounds! :) I'm sorry, that is horrible. I agree that this winter has been the iciest(i don't know if that's even a word) winter that I've experienced. Now that Christmas is over, i can't wait until spring!
It sounds like you had a great Christmas Holiday, except for all the falling you have done.
Holy cow, I should've bought a helmet for the Bunko prize. I know if you didn't win it someone would've given it to you. LOL
Be careful when you come tomorrow ok.
Post a Comment