Saturday, April 25, 2009

Averee loses first tooth.

Ever since a visit to the dentist 3 months ago, Averee has been excited to lose a tooth and have the tooth fairy come.  The dentist told her that she'd be losing her 2 front teeth on the bottom in about 8 weeks.  She had taken the 8 weeks to heart and was disappointed when they just didn't instantly fall out at the very moment 8 weeks hit.  It took more like 12 weeks for the one to get wiggly. She showed me it yesterday and asked me to yank it.  I couldn't believe that she would be so brave, but I agreed. So  we got the pliers out and after 2 yanks it was out.  She was so excited to put the tooth in an old teddy bear of mine that I had as a kid. It's holding a pouch that says "Tooth Fairy Helper" on it.  Then she put that under her pillow. She had made a deal with her Grandma Guth yesterday. The deal being that if the Tooth Fairy left more than a quarter, then Grandma could have the quarter. (which isn't really fair if the Tooth Fairy leaves only, say, 35 cents.) But Averee lucked out. She came running into my bedroom bright and early this morning showing me that the Tooth Fairy paid her $2.25! I guess inflation affects everything! 




2 comments:

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I love how excited she is in the pictures. So cute!!

April said...

Congrats to Averee! What a big girl she is to have lost a tooth!! She is adorable too!