Saturday, April 25, 2009

Will sleep anywhere but her own bed.

Lately Clara has something against sleeping in her own bed.  To get her asleep it often takes agreeing on letting her fall asleep on the couch or in my bed and then moving her to her own bed.  And it is a dang lucky night if she stays in it all night long.  I have finally put my foot down when she comes into my room in the middle of the night.  Instead of giving in and letting her get in, I tell her to go back to her own bed.  She often cries but does what I ask, until she wakes up an hour later and we repeat the process.  But lately I've been finding that she doesn't always return to her own bed.  Sometimes she's asleep in the hallway, asleep on her floor next to her bed, asleep on the couch.  A few days ago I snapped this picture.  I had got up to get Averee off to school.  I tried to go in the bathroom to get a hairbrush for Averee's hair but I could only get the door open part way.  I had to squeeze my head in the crack and then stretch my neck around the door to see what was in the way. Clara had sometime in the night went in and laid there.  There's a heat vent there behind the door so that must have been nice and cozy to snuggle up to. And the nice soft bath rug makes a great pillow I guess.









3 comments:

FishinFamily said...

Our Mason does the same thing. He won't stay in his bed all night long. He's stopped coming to our room but every morning is in the chair in the living room. It's been going on for a year now.

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

How funny that she does that!

April said...

That is so funny! I swear kids can sleep anywhere! I always see those kids with their heads down on the shopping cart bar! So uncomfortable!