Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring Break Trip to Green River!

As always, we went to the White Wash Sand Dunes just out of the small town Green River.  Its out by Moab.  The first day we had some colder weather, but each day got warmer and warmer! We had lots come and it was all a lot of fun!  So much fun that I didn't think to pull the camera out that often, which of course now I regret. 
I would like to announce that I have finally conquered the waterfall.  As in my post about this ride the last spring break, I explained that I have played mind games with this four foot high waterfall since my first time going there.  It's really a 4 foot tall ledge in a wash that you have to ride up. It usually has water running down it in the springtime since a wash is where all desert rain water ends up.  I've crashed going up the waterfall on about half of my attempts at it.  And the attempts where I didn't crash were all what I would call, barely pulled off, nearly failed attempts. Meaning, although I made it, it wasn't very pretty or graceful. But this year, I just went for it without stopping and thinking about it. I popped up that ledge like it wasn't even there! And then did the same on the way back.  I just dropped down it like it was nothing.  It felt so amazing to have kicked its butt!  So, I pulled off by Joe's cousin Jen who is a first timer to Green River, She said to me "You look like such a bad A on that motorcycle." (It was just"A" she didn't swear.  So I grinned back at her and said "I know! That's what I'm going for!"  I thought that was funny, I've never thought about me looking like a bad A before.
The kids had fun flying their kites that they got from the Easter Bunny.  Especially Hyrum, he did it forever with a grin on his face the whole time. 
Emmett went on his first official ride on the last day. He'd gone on little rides around camp, but finally we had good enough weather to take him on a long ride to the river.  I put him in his snow suit and put him in the snuggly and he loved it all.  Everybody else had already left to go home that Sunday morning, but I didn't feel rushed to get home, especially with the perfect weather.  So, Alijah and Charis' family and my cousin Jared stayed till the mid afternoon with us and went on a ride with us.  And that happened to be the time when I remembered to grab the camera.  So that's why there aren't pictures of anyone else. 
But I didn't get enough of that trip.  So I asked Joe if we could come back for our anniversary in May.  There were some fun tricky rides that I missed out on that I want to do. So I can't wait for our weekend getaway coming up!


1 comment:

April said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I wish we could've gone somewhere fun for Spring Break! It would've been nice to get away from the cold around here!