Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving and the Tree Hunt



Warning: Due to the extreme content of this post, Tree Hugging Environmentalists should not read!


This Thanksgiving was a lot of fun.  We ate dinner with Joseph's family and then spent the rest of the night at my Mom's house.  Then we closed the night by taking the kids to the movie Bolt.  

The next morning we left for the Tree Hunt.  It's been a long tradition with Joe's family to buy a tree tag and go "hunt" for the perfect Christmas tree.  The great thing about this kind of hunt is that you always get one!  (if you can't hunt a tree then you have serious issues)  We took the trailer and camped over night. 

 We found our perfect tree quickly at the top of the mountain. And we ended its life on the mountain permanently by CUTTING IT DOWN. (Oh the horror of it all!  That tree deserves more than being a decoration for a month.  The mountainside will be scarred for life!  Quick! Call Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance and the Sierra Club and help them put a ban on Christmas Trees! Quick Everybody! Join the Green movement! Do your part to stop Global Warming.  Save the Trees! 
 (For those who can't tell, I was being sarcastic)


Then we had a nice night around the fire.  The next day was full of lots of loud bangs.  We used our right to have and bear arms and took the guns out and had a great time shooting.  I love skeet shooting!  We went through boxes and boxes of clay pigeons and who knows how many shotgun shells!  Not to mention we had a great assortment of handguns to shoot too!  Everybody had to try out everybody else's gun of course.   My shoulder and arm and hand is still pretty achey.  I had some bruising on my shoulder as usual and after shooting some big handguns my arm was pretty sore.  Don't usually think about stretching before and after this sport....oh well, it was worth it. We wanted to get a good day of shooting in before our president elect decides to take away our guns.  Hopefully this won't happen, but you never know with this guy.

 Just got the one group picture from this trip. Go ahead and play where's Autum.

 For a short trip..it was sure fun.



3 comments:

Erin said...

I wish we could have been there. Big downside to living in Arkansas, we alway miss the Christmas tree hunt. Christmas tree don't really grow around here so we can't even go cut one down around here. I think we would have to drive to Colorado for the closest place to cut one down. Oh well I am too hugely pregnant and clumsy, running around the mountains would have probably been a bad idea.

Shari and Trent said...

How fun, I want to start cutting my own tree down. Ya, I agree get all the guns, ammo, etc. before Obama gets in because who knows what will happen with him!

Tiffany said...

Autum that sounds like a blast - I think that would be an awesome experience to go and tree hunt!! I am not big fan of hunting but I totally think I can handle tree hunting but who knows I would probably be one of the few would wouldn't be able to come back with tree - just kidding!!! Take care!